On April 13th, Rock Island High School will be participating in University of Iowa’s Miracle Network Dance Marathon. This is a student-run organization that raises money for the Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. At the marathon, students will unite and stand on their feet for four hours to show their support for those kids who cannot. One in ten kids in North America is treated at a Children’s Miracle Network hospital each year. Without donations these hospitals would not be able to meet the needs of these families.
The money raised goes directly to helping the families at the University of Iowa’s Children’s Hospital. To help in fundraising efforts, the RIHS Student Council is hosting several events where proceeds will go towards fundraising goals!
You can donate at any time to our Donor Drive, donations go directly to the hospital! https://events.dancemarathon.com/team/39411
- March 6th- Panera Night, 4p-8p, 20% of sales take flyer with you or mention RI Dance Marathon!
- March 28th, Hungry Hobo Night, wear Rocky Gear to RI Hobo, 20% of proceeds to Dance Marathon
- March 29th, Brick & Motor Shopping (1700 2nd Avenue Rock Island), 4-6p (Adults) 5% of sales to Dance Marathon
- April 5 - Comedy Sportz Night @ The Establishment, $10.00, all ticket sales go to Dance Marathon!
- April 13th, Dance Marathon, 6:30-10:30 pm, Small Gym, tickets $10.00. Students should wear their DM shirt, bright colors, and be prepared to dance! Formal wear is NOT allowed, athletic wear is encouraged, and you don't need a date! The event is NOT open to the community.